PHD · LPC · LMHC · NCC · ACS
I approach my work from these beliefs:
- All of life’s pain is born of loss–not just death, but a metaphorical death. The loss of love, loved ones, friendship, marriage, job, health, confidence, self-esteem, hope, life as we once knew it.
- Therapy should be active and solution-focused, with a definite ending.
- Healing begins with someone who will truly listen.
- Sustainable, positive change takes time. It is oh-so-subtle and happens over time.
- AMHCA Board Diplomate in Family and Couples Therapy
- AMHCA Board Diplomate Trauma & Crisis Counseling
- Emotionally Focused Therapist
- Heart Centered Hypnotherapist
- Family Constellation Facilitator
- Prepare-Enrich Certified Facilitator
- Certified Trauma Treatment Specialist
EMDR Advanced Skills at the Parnell Institute
Gottman Method Couple Therapy Levels I & II
- Institute for Relational Intimacy, Level 1 Certification towards becoming certified with The American Association of Sexuality Educators and Therapists
IF YOU ARE READING THIS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW IS:
Can I really help? Who am I? Am I good at what I do?
My passion and focus is relationships. Seriously. Working with two people in a room is where I shine.
As you read this you’ll get an idea of who I am and if we’ll work well together, not just list the things I’ve done (though you can click here for that information).
I consider being a therapist an absolute privilege. My story of becoming a therapist began with my own personal development journey, so I am aware how special and important my role is. Working with couples, individuals and families in their trauma and grief to find connection and a way home gives me purpose and pride.
As a therapist, I AM GOING TO JUMP INTO THE DEEP END OF THE POOL WITH YOU AND YOUR PARTNER
You are coming to me to do serious work and I honor this – I am not the nod your head type of therapist. We will work hard. I know you are the expert on you, but I have a great BS detector. I’ll call you on your stuff. I will laugh with you. I will cry with you and I will bring everything I have learned, researched, studied and experienced to our time together.
This isn’t my first rodeo. I’ve worked with thousands of clients. After twenty five years in this field I’m unshockable. I’m not afraid to talk about anything you need to talk about. Sex? Money? Long held secrets? Let’s get it all out; there’s nothing to be ashamed of because this is where the healing begins.
And to answer the very first questions: Yes, I do know what I’m doing. I’ve trained under world class experts to learn the highest level of skill. I am continually learning and improving so I can be the expert you need. I may not always get it right. I definitely make mistakes and when I do I am very transparent and in the moment with my clients. In fact, my clients teach me extraordinary lessons everyday about being human.
I can help. And, yes, I love what I do, and yes, I am very good at it.
- Couples Therapist Collaborative Couples Therapist trained by Dan Wile, extensively trained in Emotionally Focused Therapy, Certified Level 2 in Gottman Method Therapy, Certified Level 1 in PACT: Psychobiological Couples Therapy
- Family Therapist Structural Family Therapist trained at the Minuchin Center for Family Therapy, Trained in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Families (EFFT), Approved Parent Coordinator with Affiliation of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC). Experienced in residential treatment, crisis centers and psychiatric hospitals and expertise in attachment-based trauma
- Sex Therapist Certified by the Institute for Relational Intimacy specializing in chronic illness, sexuality of aging and low desire discrepancy, as well as transgender couples therapy
- Nationally Certified Counselor individually licensed in New York, Florida, and Virginia
- Board Diplomate Clinical Mental Health Counseling American Mental Health Counseling Association
- Board Diplomate Trauma Counseling American Mental Health Counseling Association
- Board Diplomate Couples & Family Counseling American Mental Health Counseling Association
- Clinically Certified Mental Health Counselor CCMHC
- Certified Trauma Specialist State University of New York at Buffalo School of Social Work 2006
- Certified School Counselor in New York specialized in special education, play therapy, and childhood trauma
- Private Practitioner since 1998
- Clinical Professor on the faculty of the State University of New York at Buffalo in the department of Counseling, School and Educational Psychology for 11 years before moving to Virginia.
- Provided training and consultation to agencies serving abused, neglected, and traumatized children and families, including foster parent organizations, CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate), Child Protection workers, family courts, and schools.
- Elected Professional and Board Positions on local, state, and national professional counseling associations. Including Past President of the North Atlantic Region Association of Counselor Education and Supervision and Executive Committee member for the Association of Counseling Education Supervision.
- Proven expertise in extreme mood and personality disorders that arise from complex trauma and abuse.
- Extensive experience as a New York Supreme Court Family Mediator, Divorce Coach, Parent Coordinator. Served as expert witness in both criminal and family court.
- Presented regionally and nationally as well as being a frequent presenter at conferences, workshops, and trainings on topics such as child trauma, blended families, personal empowerment, high conflict divorce, traumatic effects of divorce and separation on children, LGBTQ Couples Therapy, and effective therapeutic interventions.
- Conducted research on the incidence of PTSD in children from high conflict divorce families.
- Recognized Relationship and Mental Health Expert invited to speak at national and local conferences, podcasts, local news and radio as well as lead discussions at universities, companies, hospitals and wellness retreats.
- AASECT – American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- ICEEFT – International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- WPATH – World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- ACA – American Counseling Association
- AMHCA – American Mental Health Counseling Association
- ATSS – Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists
- ITTI: International Trauma Training Institute
- EMDRIA – Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing International Association
Private Pay Counseling Services
|$125 for 25-minute session|
$250 for 50-minute session
|Individual Therapy||$250 for 50-minute session|
|Couples/Family Therapy||$300 for 50-minute session|
|Weekend/Evening Appointments||$100 additional|
Dr. Holroyd’s Concierge Plans allow you to have 24-hour access to her unique suite of services in a variety of settings and modalities; including road trip and travel options. 1-3-6 month contracts are available. Contact Dr. Holroyd directly to discuss a customized plan that suits the special needs of your schedule.
|Individual||$300 for 50-minute session|
|Couples/Family Therapy||$350 for 50-minute session|
|Up to 8 hours of VIP Concierge Services||$2,000 per month|
|Up to 12 hours of VIP Concierge Services||$3,000 per month|
|Up to 24 hours of VIP Concierge Services||$6,000 per month|
|Additional Session Discount||10% with the purchase of a VIP Concierge Plan|
|Travel||Included up to 30 miles|
|Court Testimony||$500 & up|
Rates and Insurance
Cash, check and credit or debit cards are accepted for payment.
While insurance is not accepted at this time, Dr. Holroyd is happy to provide you with receipts and documentation to submit to your insurance carrier for reimbursement. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please review your coverage carefully, and consult with your insurance provider. Consider the following questions when determining if your insurance will reimburse you for therapy:
- What are my mental health insurance benefits?
- Has my deductible been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Does my insurance require pre-approval from my primary care physician?